Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ruby Cafe with Catherine


Just when I think that Brisbane has come of age in terms of its dining scene, I try to go out to lunch on the 27th December and EVERYTHING is closed.


My friend Catherine was up from Melbourne and I haven't seen her in a couple of years, and I thought Paddington would be a safe bet and didn't bother booking. The first cafe was closed and pretty much everything along Given Terrace, bar the pubs, was closed.

Arrrrgh!


We did find somewhere eventually, Ruby Cafe, which I hadn't been to before. It's a cute little cafe with a decent menu, but as it was the only place open, it was PACKED and service was sloooow.


But the staff were really friendly, even though they were run off their feet, and I had the lentil salad with pecans, beetroot and persian feta.

Catherine is a good friend and we met when I moved to Melbourne in 1998 and we wer both working at the same place. We share the same birthday, 12 years apart, which means we are both Aries and in Chinese horoscope, both Dragons. Cool huh?