Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Hungarian Breakfast


There's sooooo many things wrong with having this for breakfast. Firstly, it's deep fried and I don't have a hangover. And we're not talking pan fried or flash fried, we're talking dropping a large ball of dough into a large vat of oil and letting it soak up those all that artery clogging goodness.

Secondly, there's garlic and onion in it. And the onion is in the salsa, so it's uncooked. Not a great idea first thing in the morning. Thirdly, it's loaded with cheese and sour cream...a dairy feast for the lactose intolerant on an empty stomach.

But you know what? Who cares!! Because it was DELICIOUS!!!

Langos is a traditional Hungarian dish, a deep fried sweet dough base topped with a variety of toppings - this one was sour cream, cheese, salsa and sweet chilli sauce. I shared this with my foodie cousin Tehana at the Eagle Farm Markets this morning. Actually, it's lucky we did share it, because even between the two of us we couldn't finish it. Ohhh and I now I have a langos-ache.

I'm off for a cleansing carrot juice.