Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul


My poor bestie Bernice has been battling the flu for the past couple of weeks and she just hasn't been able to shake it. Between 3 kids, work and an autoimmune disease her poor body just hasn't been able to make a full recovery and the cough and fever just lingers.

We've had this before and my solution is always Vietnamese chicken noodle soup (pho) LOADED with chilli. And I mean LOADED. It might be an old wives tale but I swear it works.

We were both sans children this weekend, very rare, and the most perfect time to take her off to Trangs in West End for pho. As you can see, she loaded it with chilli, sending her body temperature soaring and (hopefully) killing off any of those nasty lingering flu bugs.

I'm not sick at the moment (touch wood) but I've been going through a lot lately and she's my chicken soup (not literally, obviously). I can vent, cry, laugh whatever and afterwards I always feel better.

Chicken soup for the soul ;-P

PS: Trangs at West End has awesome chicken pho and they do a vegetarian version as well.

Trangs
59 Hardgrave Road, West End