Saturday, September 15, 2012

Brisbane Festival


The Brisbane Festival is on! I looooove this! I dragged my baby brother Marc and son Josh to the amazing Lantern Garden in the Cultural Forecourt. It looked spectacular.

My little brother
Walking underneath all these, with their soft glow was beautiful. Such a simple thing concepts but was just magical.


Then we sat on the grass and watched the Santos GLNG City of Lights, a faaaabulous laser light show that lit up the city. It was a Tuesday night and Southbank was packed. So great to see so many people out mid week, enjoying the fantastic weather and celebrating the city.

Tell me something I don't know!

Afterwards we went to Max Brennar Chocolate by the Bald Man. Oh I love this place. The smell of sweet chocolate hits you as soon as you walk in the door and the vat of chocolate at the door makes me drool. Really. It does.

Max Brennar's faaabulous Chocolate Souffle
My brother had the chocolate soufflé which was amazing and Josh and I share the banana praline pancakes. Divineness in every sense.


I don't get to catch up with my little brother as often as I'd like. This was such a nice way to see him and we had a great night. Congrats to the Brisbane Festival organisers. They've outdone themselves this year.