Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cult Movie Theatre


We went to a cult movie theatre show on the weekend. I don't know if that's what you call it, it's the only way I can really describe it. They had the movie showing and at intervals some actors would come out and act some of the parts out live. It was a cheesy, but highly entertaining. It was a movie double - The Blues Brothers and Cry Baby.





It was at the Schonell Theatre out at the The University of Queensland. I looooove this place. I haven't seen a movie here since MY uni days a long, long time ago, but it hasn't changed. I think it must have been built in the 60s. The decor is cheesy and the there are lights on the ceiling, but I remember it being cheap to see a movie and a great place to catch up with friends. I have pretty fond memories of it.



I ALSO have fond memories of Schonell Pizza. We had the Vegetarian Four Seasons and it was amazing! I think the key was a thin base with a nice pizza sauce and not too much cheese. It was $16 though...way more expensive than I remember, but sooo delicious.