Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Great Escape



Sometimes you just have to get away from it all. The temperature has soared to close to 40 degrees, but it was more the heat in life that was getting to me and while it's only a temporary escape, sometimes it's just what you need.

The house is close to being finished although there's a few issues that's threatening the certification and some things in my personal life are just way too complicated to deal with at the moment, so it got to a point I just wanted to leave it all behind in Brisbane and just get away for a bit.

I hung out with a friend on the beach on the Gold Coast and watched the kite surfers. I had a couple of magazines and the Saturday paper to amuse me and for a few hours I forgot all my problems.


An awesome dinner at Lemongrass Thai with a few good friends over a couple of bottles of Sav Blanc was just the ticket. There's something about a good conversation lubricated with alcohol that just makes you, temporarily, forget everything and just enjoy the moment.


Sitting on the beach late at night, listening to the waves crash over the sand in the glow of the lights of Surfers Paradise. It's one of those things that makes you think about some of the issues in your life but the freedom and space makes them feel like a much more manageable problems.

Such a great trip that was well needed and much appreciated. I'm back in Brisbane now...the issues are still there...but I'm much more refreshed and able to deal with them.