Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Karina the Yogi


I used to be a hardcore yoga fan, religiously going three times a week. Then I can't remember what happened, I think I moved away from my favourite yoga studio and then my motivation just petered off.

So as a result I think it's been almost three years since I've been to a class. Shocking! Now that I'm back in the area though, I've started going again and I wish I'd never left!!

A friend of my owns the studio which is a hot yoga studio - yep - warmed up with far infrared rays so you SWEAT!! It's awesome!

I missed the beginner class last night so took the next one, which was the intermediate class. Probably my first mistake. I just thought it meant that you could keep up, I didn't realise that most of the people there knew all the poses and moves by name and that some of the poses were, ahem, a little more advanced.

It was like they were speaking another language so I was always five seconds behind, craning my neck to look at the instructor to see what pose he was talking about. Embarrassingly I fell over a number of times and would probably have preferred if I never saw the instructor again, however he's my neighbour so there's no avoiding that.

I still felt awesome afterwards. I might just stick to my beginner class next time though.

Namaste.