Sunday, September 15, 2013

Camping Love



Ahhh we went camping again, just the two of us. The weather was perfect and the roads weren't even clogged with thousands of cars full of people with the same idea. The special "spot" was almost completely deserted, with just a handful of people who were only there for a short time

I had my first kiteboarding lesson and I sucked, big time. It's so much harder than it looks and I got tossed and turned and bodyslammed into a sandbar. But I have cool new wetsuit so at least I looked the part.


After a loong day in the water, bruised and battered, we headed back to camp and had tacos and Mo√ęt by the campfire and roasted marshmallows to the sounds of the waves crashing over the beach and a few drunken twenty-somethings in the camp next door. Ahh.


The next morning I woke up super early and walked along the beach just as the only the very committed fisherman were casting their first line.


When I was little, my cousins and I would collect shells on the beach and the most highly prized were the "butterfly" shells. Like this. Exciting enough.


Until I saw THIS! Ohhh if my cousins could see this now! Have I said before I'm loving camping?